We recommend updating your software on a regular basis.
Carefully plan the update of your system environment with everyone involved. During the update, your system environment is unavailable to your users. You should therefore choose a suitable time, especially if your organization is active across a variety of locations and time zones.
We also recommend backing up all your important data, programs and settings.
Once your planning is complete, you can begin with the installation of the software update.
For a full update of your system environment, run all the installation wizards that you used during the installation:
- d.velop software manager
- d.3 core components
- Any other applications
Ending d.velop processes
To ensure that no users access the system during updates, end all running d.velop processes in d.3 process manager before updating. You then start the ended processes to put the system back into operation.
Installing updates with d.velop software manager
You can update products that you have installed using d.velop software manager at a time that suits you.
You can only ever update all the installed products at the same time.
You can start the manual update by clicking on d.velop > Update d.velop software in the Start menu.
Updating d.3 core components and d.3one
Download the latest d.3ecm all-in-one setup from the d.velop service portal and unpack the file to obtain the setup files for d.3 core components and d.3one.
First, start the d.3 core components setup.
This is how it works
- Carry out the d.3 core components setup.
- In the Components setup step, confirm your selection of components. We recommend installing all the listed components.
- Check the selected components in the Start installation setup step.
- Choose Install to start the installation.
- Following the installation, start all the services listed in the Start services setup step.
Before restarting the d.3 processes, you must update the database.
This is how it works
- Start the d.3 server interface application for a d.3 repository.
- Log in with the user name Master and the password of the database user that you used to create the d.3 database.
- Click Scripts in the menu and choose JPL Script.
- Choose the script file upd_db.jpl.
Now follow the instructions provided by the wizard.
After that, carry out the d.3one setup.