You manage all logical data records, such as authorizations, document statuses, projects and document properties, centrally in a database on a database server. The information for configuring the d.3 repository and the full-text content of documents is stored in the same database.
The following database servers are supported:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle Database
You can find the overview of supported versions in the d.velop service portal.
Install all the latest and recommended updates of the database management system before you create the d.3 database. Install a suitable 32-bit database driver on all the d.3 application servers that require access to the database.
Recommended system requirements
- Processors: 4 cores or more
- Memory: 8 GB or more
- Network protocol: TCP/IP with fixed IP address
Preparatory steps for the database server (using Microsoft SQL Server as an example)
Some things to ensure:
- Ensure that the SQL database can be accessed in the network:
- Enable TCP/IP in the SQL server configuration manager.
- Check the ports and create appropriate firewall rules.
- Ensure that the SQL server browser service is running.
- Ensure that the ODBC connection can be established successfully.
- You require a database server to create and update the d.3 database. The database user must be assigned to the server roles dbcreator and securityadmin.
We recommend creating a dedicated database user for creating and updating d.3 databases.